ElbowFans is an unofficial, but band-approved community fansite intended to complement the established official and fan web presence.
1. This site is intended as a friendly, social space for like-minded fans, so in that spirit please treat others’ contributions with courtesy and respect.
2. No flaming, spamming, threatening or abusive behaviour is allowed, which includes trolling directed towards the band or the admin. Any posts breaking this rule wil be deleted without warning, while repeated offenders will be blocked and banned.
3. Upload of commercially-available music or video is not allowed. Instead, please support the financial future of Elbow – and other artists! – by buying their work. There are limited live and session tracks by Elbow which can be heard on the site, but permission to host these has kindly been granted by Elbow’s Management.
Using this site
To help you make the most of your time here, a quick run-through of our new navigation menus:
My Account menu bar
There’s a ‘My Account’ menu bar at the top of the page which covers most of the site’s features, which includes:
- Activity – Personal, Friends, Groups, Favourites or where anyone’s mentioned you (using @username)
- Profile – Public, Edit Profile, Change Avatar
- Messages - Inbox, Sent Messages, Compose, Notices
- Friends – My Friends, Requests
- Groups – My Groups, Invites
- Forums – Topics started, Replied to
- Album - My pictures, Upload picture
- Gifts - Send your friends a fun ‘gift’
- Settings – Change password, email address etc
- Log out
The main menu
The Home page gives a recap of selected blog posts, together with the Members’ Area & news underneath.
The Community tab is a sub-menu for the following:
- activity - a summary of the latest comments, links & posts
- members – a list of everyone who’s signed up
- forums – the discussion area, linked to groups
- groups – different ones available
- events – gig dates, TV appearances and so on
- members area – also appears on the home page
The news page carries the latest posts from elbow.co.uk.
The archive is the information heart of the site. Here you’ll find a biography, discography, gigography and all manner of articles and features pulled together from fellow fans and internet sources. You can also contribute to the archive by commenting on each relevant page: Simply add your own images, files, links or text into the comment box, which will be incorporated into the main page at a later point.
In the media section you can either look through the many photos, video or audio clips already there, or add to the gallery yourself. See here.
NB: Please DO NOT POST COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE MUSIC OR VIDEO. Photos and non-commercial audio files can be uploaded as follows: Clicking on the Media page, then on the relevant section – photos, video or audio – and click on ‘edit’ at the bottom right of the album page, then ‘add items’ from the Options menu on the left. Finally, add some details on your upload so others know what it is. The only video format the Media section can accept at present is Flash or .flv files.
If you click onto your avatar or name link at the top right or bottom right of the page, it takes you to your profile page. From here you can send private messages, add friends, manage your group membership, add to your own profile photo album (not shared automatically in the main Media Gallery) and send gifts. You can also change your password under ‘settings’ or update your avatar.
If you like to blog, you can do that here by selecting ‘Dashboard’ and ‘New Post’. More info on how to write a post is here.
If you want to add photos or other stuff, have a look here.
For general discussion posts there’s the Noisebox or Access All Areas groups/forums, but we also recommend you check out Elbow Room Only , an established, dedicated messageboard for great in-depth discussion. You’ll recognise a few usernames from here too.
If you want real-time discussion, there’s a chat module on the site, which acts like Facebook’s chat. You can access this at the bottom right of your browser screen by hovering your cursor over ‘X people here’. You can also toggle sound on or off. If you want to go offline from chat, click on the cog on the far right to power it off.
Enjoy your time looking round and have fun joining in!